IPAG has an integration hall for the instrument it builds (NAOS, Amber, Wircam, PIONIER, SPHERE, ExTrA), a clean room for integrated optics and detector handling, a mechanics workshop. Technical laboratories are available for optical, electronics, and chemistry work.
List from the 2009-2014 activity report
- Orbitrap : High Resolution Mass Spectrometry.
- Spectro-photo-goniometer : Experimental setup placed in a cold chamber for the measurement of the bidirectional reflectance factor of planetary analog materials.
- Chemistry lab : analysis of extra-terrestrial material, mostly meteorites (extraction of insoluble organic matter and handling of microscopic objects)
- Microscopes and spectrometers to characterise molecular solids and extraterrestrial materials.
- SERAC & Carbo-NIR : Controlled cells developed for studying hydrated minerals under the Martian environment, the microphysics of CO2 condensation, the metamorphosis of the carbonic snow and the associated spectral evolutions.
- Consert lab : Electronic and computing facility for the calibration of the Consert instrument, for numerical simulations of wave propagation through comet nucleus and for the visualisation of data.
- Optical Alignment facility : autocoll, wavefront analysis, shear interferometers.
- Betti, Achromatic VLTI bulk simulator for RAPID, NAOMI.
- Sylvi : VLTI Fibered simulator with dispersed fringe detection (Picnic) (IONIC ; PIONIER ; GRAVITY).
- Bench to characterize infrared integrated optics in nulling condition (IODA).
- Characterisation of infrared integrated optics components (Smart Lasir).
- SWIFTS Cal : Characterisation and calibration of SWIFTS components (SWIFTS 400-1000 ; ANAgRAM ; OCT-LLIFTS)
- Adaptive Optics bench for coronography (FFREE).
- Astrometry characterization of detectors (CNES).
- Tools for detector characterisation (Integrating Sphere, Electronic analyzer, cryostats , leak detection …) (RAPID ; OPTICON).
- Fiber Bench facility : Fiber connectorisation facility with OPD equalization.
We also have access to computing servers managed by the computing service and, for more demanding projects, to the computing and storage facilities of the Tier-2 regional center GRICAD.